Elk Valley Snow Avalanche Workshop
This one-day seminar welcomes avalanche professionals and recreationalists alike to engage in vibrant discussions and learn from fellow avalanche practitioners. A variety of topics included case studies of past events and information on the latest snow safety gear.
- Join mountain meteorologist and snow lover Matt MacDonald for an overview of the Forecaster Funnel approach to looking at weather.
- Lisa will look at a Daily Process using digital tools and AvCan resources that can be used to plan and execute a trip plan like a pro.
- Bruce and colleagues from Pyrenees, the US and Canada, propose a more visual method for estimating avalanche size.
- An exploration of biases at play and situational awareness that lead to a near miss during a ski touring day on Mt Proctor on March 16, 2020.
- An overview of the regulatory and safety framework that search and rescue teams are bound by when responding in avalanche terrain.
For more information on this event and to purchase your ticket, please visit www.evsaw.com.