Dumpster Social: Raine Hamilton
This is a Special Wednesday Social where you can view the painted dumspters and have a chance to vote on your favourite for People's Choice! This free community event welcomes everyone to Station Square to enjoy live music and be social.
This week the Fernie Arts Station welcomes Raine Hamilton!
Raine is part prairie songstress, part story weaver; Each song has a story, delivered between songs with humour and grace. Raine invites deep love of the violin into the singer-songwriter genre, writing for violin and voice, as well as for guitar and voice. Joined by cello and upright bass, expect string arrangements that push and pull, that move as they console.
A classical violinist and musicologist by training, Raine and their string trio offer string-quartet-like arrangements of Raine’s original songs. They call this chamber-folk, a hybrid of the classical tradition of string quartet chamber music, with the singer songwriter folk that comes so organically to Raine.
More About the Band Here:
The beverage garden will be stocked with Fernie Brewing Beer, Lonetree Cider and BC wine. Make sure to bring your ID in order to get a wristband for 19+ attendees. The event starts at 5.30pm with DJ, food trucks and craft activities for the kids. Raine Hamilton will go on at 6.30pm.
Things to know before you go:
- Wristbands for 19+ attendees. You must have a wristband to have a drink so you must bring ID. There is a limit on the numbers in the beer garden, once we reach capacity no more wristbands will be given out.
- No dogs in the beer garden.
- No outside alcohol is allowed.
- Lawn chairs are welcome.
- Parents must be monitored by their kids! Make sure to stick together!
- If not adhering to the rules. we have the right to remove you from the festival.
- Safe and Fun event! Please remember this is a community event and while we want you to have fun we also want you to be safe.