Guided Polar Peak Hike
Explore the highest peak at Fernie Alpine Resort
At over 2100 meters, Polar Peak provides stunning 360 degree panoramic views of the surrounding area. Guided by Duncan Maisels from local guiding company “Hike Fernie”, the group will start from the top of the Timber Express chair (single ride lift ticket included) and climb up through Lost Boys Pass to the top of Elephant Head. From there we will walk the ridgeline of the Timber Bowl and Currie Bowl all the way to Polar Peak. The trail offers spectacular views of Fernie from above and all the way to the Alberta border to the east and Lake Koocanusa to the west.
Please note that this hike is for adventurous and experienced hikers. The route does have a short section where there is a feeling of exposure (there is a steep section with a wire cable to hold on to) and the route is on uneven & rugged terrain. Hiking footwear is required. The hike is approximately 6 hours in length.
This is your chance to experience Polar Peak this summer, as the route is not open to the public for hiking outside of this guided hiking experience.
WHAT TO BRING
• Lunch / Snacks
• Additional clothing as mountain weather & temperature can change quickly! We recommend a wind/rain jacket, fleece/insulating layer, toque, and gloves as it can get windy along the ridgeline and atop Polar Peak.
• Hiking footwear is required due to the nature of the terrain
• Camera/Phone for Photos (optional)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Ski Pole/Hiking Pole to help with balance (optional)
$105 + GST per person (includes lift ticket)
– Open to guests 17 years of age and older
– Minimum of 6 guests needed to run the hike
Register by calling 250-423-2435 or by emailing the booking form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Fernie Alpine Resort website for more details.