Wheel Throwing 2
Multi Week Class Feb 23rd, March 2nd, 9th,16th 7-9pm
Join the Arts Station's pottery Technician Caroline in a month long intensive workshop aimed to expand on the skills learned in level 1. They will cover various different forms and techniques of throwing. This workshop is for those who want to continue their journey in ceramics and will be significantly more technical than other workshops offered. Caroline has numerous years working with clay under her belt and graduated from ceramic arts school. All participants must demonstrate a minimum beginner skill level to participate. This workshop does not teach the fundamentals but rather elaborates on them. Participants must be able to confidently wedge, center and pull a cylinder.
This workshop will be:
- Wednesday evenings from 7-9pm in the downstairs pottery studio
- 1 month long (4 classes)
- Each class will be dedicated to a different form such as; bowls, plates, pouring vessels and larger forms.
- Some experience is required
- This workshop includes a 2 hour long appointment to come glaze any work created throughout its duration. Appointments can be made through The Arts Station Website.
- Cost includes clay, glaze and firing costs.
Please note that the focus of the intensive workshop is to gain knowledge rather than produce a significant body of work. Due to the nature of the ceramic process we cannot guarantee finished pieces.
Vaccine passports & masks are required to attend.