Raging Elk Silk Trail Slide
Fernie Alpine Resort are happy to bring you the Raging Elk Silk Trail Slide – a virtual Nordic Ski event with something for everyone. Come out at a time that suits you, choose a distance that suits you, and score yourself an awesome medal created by Wild Wolves Design.
The event runs from February 19 – March 6, 2022
4km * 9km * 13km * 18km
How do I participate in the Silk Trail Sprints?
- Register online! (registration forms coming soon)
- COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE WAIVER! https://passes.skircr.com/waivers-special/signup.aspx
- Participants that are 16yrs and older must complete the EVENT WAIVER
- Participants that are 15yrs and younger must have their parent or legal guardian complete BOTH the EVENT WAIVER and PARENTAL CONSENT WAIVER
- Join the Fernie Alpine Resort club on Strava and check out the four routes on offer https://www.strava.com/clubs/FARevents
- Complete one (or all) of the event segments, track your results, and post on Strava.
Head into Guest Services to collect your medal and F&B Voucher
- Show your confirmation email to receive your voucher
- Show your Strava results to receive your medal.
- When you pick up your medal, you will automatically go into the draw for our great prize pool. Draws will be made once the event is complete!
Tips for using Strava:
- To find the four routes for the Silk Trail Slide, look for the ‘Events’ in the Fernie Alpine Resort club page on Strava.
- If you click on ‘view the route’ from the event, you have an option on the bottom left of the screen to “use route.” This will automatically take you to the recording feature with the route marked out. This makes it really easy to follow the correct route.
- Make sure you start and end your Strava at the start of the route – end of Double Creek, the start of Silk Trails (look for the sign)
We will be using the Strava Segments listed on each Strava event as our leaderboards. Make sure you include in your activity comments whether you were Skate Skiing or Classic Cross Country.
Don’t have Stava? You can definitely still participate. The routes are posted below, and you can track your run on your own timing device. To collect your medal, show your timing device at Guest Services.
All routes start at the beginning of the wide-open intersection where the Silk Trail starts, and the Double Creek trail ends. Keep an eye out for the event signage.
Click the following links for the other distance routes on offer;
How do you win prizes?
Everyone that registers and completes a distance will be entered in a draw. Winners will be selected by random draw once the event is complete on March 6th.
Nordic Ski Rental Special
From February 19th – March 6th, you can get 10% off all nordic ski rental equipment from the Fernie Alpine Resort Rental Shop. Sizes are limited so email rentals@skifernie with the date you wish to rent, your European shoe size, and weight to reserve.
Visit the Fernie Alpine Resort website for more information.