Intensive Pottery Workshop
Join the Arts Station Pottery Technician Caroline in a month long intensive workshop aimed to teach the basics of throwing. This workshop is for those who want to begin their journey in ceramics and will be significantly more technical than other workshops offered. Caroline has numerous years working with clay under her belt and graduated from ceramic arts school.
This workshop will be:
- Monday evenings from 7-9pm in the downstairs pottery studio
- 1 month long (4 classes)
- Two classes will be dedicated to throwing only, one class will cover trimming and another will cover glazing of pieces.
- Participants will learn the entire making process from a ball of clay to a finished, functional piece.
- Open to beginners of all stages, some experience to no experience welcome.
- This workshop includes a 2 hour long appointment to come glaze any work created throughout its duration. Appointments can be made through The Arts Station Website.
- Drop in will be available to those who complete the intensive workshop.
- Cost includes clay, glaze and firing costs.
Please note that the focus of the intensive workshop is to gain knowledge rather than produce a significant body of work. Due to the nature of the ceramic process we cannot guarantee finished pieces.