3rd Annual The Lone Wolf
Back for another round in the den, The Lone Wolf is a trail running challenge in Fernie, BC. A simple, fun, looped race. But there’s a catch. Racers start together on the hour as a pack, needing to finish the loop within the hour. As when the next hour strikes, the race starts again, in the opposite direction. The goal? To complete as many loops as you can.
2019 saw our Lone Wolf finishing 18 laps, on a beautiful, manageable, single track loop, with moderate elevation gain. At 6.8km and 220m ascent, on paper seems easy enough to complete within the cutoff time, however pacing and tactics will need to come into play as the day goes on. And on.
The loop will be washing-machine style – heading clockwise, then counterclockwise, then clockwise and so on. Racers need to make it back to base before the hour cutoff, and be ready to start the loop again, on the hour. If you miss the cutoff, you’re out and you give us a howl and remain in the den.
- Lone Wolf (Solo - <40 and Masters categories)
- Coyotes (2-person team)
- Cougars (2-person team combined age of >80)
- Pups (2-person team combined age of 32 or under)
Alpha Male and Female wolves will be rewarded. With prizing for top three, solos and team categories. Whatever your goal, it promises a fantastic atmosphere, with sweet swag, prizing and Fernie Brewing Co. beer (Lone Wolf IPA of course).
So, think you can outrun the pack and become The Lone Wolf?
2020 ROUTE (same as 2019)
6.8km, 220m vert
They are looking to open registration on November 1st, 10AM (MST) - depending on securing all landowners permissions before that time.
They have amazing local and not-so-local sponsors. Their amazing top dogs for the Lone Wolf are Fernie Brewing Company (of course), Elevation Showcase, Fernie Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic and Evolution Fernie BC. See all our fantastic Stag Leap supporters, here: http://www.stagleaprunning.com/partners/
- The Lone Wolf awesome shirt from Giv'er Shirtworks
- Finish Line Beer from Fernie Brewing Co.
- Finishers medals and Top 3 Trophies for all categories by Wild Wolves
- Eno Hammock Lounge by sponsor Elevation Showcase
- FREE Photography downloads by Raven Eye Photography
- Fully stocked Aid Station in The Den
- Draw Prizes
- Entry fee also includes a donation to the Fernie Trails Alliance to go towards Fernie's amazing trail network