Canada Day Cardboard Boat Race
The fourth annual Cardboard Boat Race returns for a splashing good time on Maiden Lake!
Open to anyone who would like to enter or just head on over to Maiden Lake behind Independent Grocers and watch the fun!
- All 'boats' must be build from only non-waxed cardboard, tape and paint.
- Maximum 25% of surface area can be duct-tape.
- Any size vessel and any number of crew allowed.
- All paddlers must wear a PFD.
- Competitors will paddle across the lake, switch paddlers and then then return to the beach. First boat back wins the race!
Boat inspection is at 10.30am and race starts at 11am. No need to pre-register, just show up with your aquatic craft and crew ready to go! All paddlers are required to fill out a waiver - be sure to allow time to do this on arrival.
After the event, enjoy a full day of Canada Day activities and entertainment at Fernie Aquatic Centre.