Avalanche Skills Training 1 at Mountain Addicts
The AST 1 curriculum, developed by Avalanche Canada, is the essential first step in developing your decision making framework for venturing into winter backcountry avalanche terrain. This 2-day course includes one day of classroom theory, and one day putting theory to practice in the field.
At the end of the course you will:
- Be able to recognize and appropriately travel through avalanche terrain
- Interpret the avalanche forecast
- Know how to use rescue equipment and the basics of companion rescue
- Understand factors that affect the snowpack
- Have the prerequisite certificate for the Avalanche Level 1 Operations course
For more information and to register online click here.