Superhero Exercises to Build Superpowers
If there is one thing a Superhero is known for, it is superpowers. Here are five exercises you can do to improve your power. Make sure to stay pain free during each exercise! Repeat the list three times for a quick speed and strength superpower boost.
- Spiderman climb: Start on your forearms and toes. Keeping your abs tight, lift one leg and bring the inside of your knee up towards your shoulder without the leg touching the ground. Bring it down and repeat on the other side. Do as many as you can slowly and controlled.
- Batman TRX pec fly: Build your chest and arm muscles in case you need to fly. Start with both arms in front of you and slowly bring your arms out to the sides until they are even with your shoulders. Keep your arms slightly bent as you bring them back together. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Wonder Woman kettlebell swings: Start with the kettlebell on the ground, other hand on your hip, knees bent and head up. In one explosive motion, bring your arm (keep it straight) up until it is straight overhead. You should use your legs more than your arms. Slowly bring kettlebell back down to the ground and repeat 8-12 times per side.
- Incredible Hulk side biceps curls: Work your arms and shoulders like the Hulk. Keep your chest out and start with your arms out straight and palms up. Bend elbows to 90 degrees keeping your upper arms parallel to the ground and flexing your biceps. Repeat 8-12 times for full Hulk effect.
- Superman box jumps: Training how to leap tall buildings should start with box jumps. Start with your feet hip width apart and use a height you are comfortable with. Keep your knees over your toes (no knee touching) as you take off and land. Will help to improve your explosiveness and keep your knees healthy. Repeat 10-20 times without stopping.
Some heros are born great (Superman), some achieve greatness (Batman) and some have greatness thrust upon them (Spiderman). Personally, I think superheros are born with these gifts but have a choice and choose to be trained for greatness. This superhero workout, should you choose it, will help maximize your power!