Fernie Top Three
The sight of snow falling is something that I will never get sick of, especially in the Fall. Excitement in the air. The countdown to Fernie Alpine Resort opening has begun. The town is filling with new people, and we’re gearing up for a winter of fun.
Every season our local stores work hard to bring in the perfect products that will have you not only looking good but serve the purpose that is needed – for winter, obvs to keep you warm and dry. I asked them to give us the three items that they are excited about for the laaaadies. Check them out!
1. The KAVU Fleetwood Jacket - Canyon Desert is like a like a warm and cozy hug! We love this fun jacket (also available as a sweater) as it's perfect for après nachos, or movie night couch snuggles.
2. The PICTURE Organic HAAKON Jacket is a waterproof technical shell that comes in a super cute shape and colour (pair with the matching bib pants for a pastel delight). PICTURE is made with sustainable resources including recycled plastic bottles and plant-sourced, petroleum-free fabrics. What's not to love!?
3. Tasc Performance Jenny LS is the perfect multi-functioning top - dress up for dinner, or to your next yoga class. This flattering, long-sleeve shirt is made from a soft bamboo MicroAir fabric that feels amazing, is moisture-wicking, and chemical-free.
Edge of the World
1. The Burton [ak] GORE-TEX Kimmy 2L Anorak is an excellent riding jacket. Not only does it look super sick, but it’s also waterproof and has a big zipper up the side making it easy to get on and off.
2. Volcom Women's Elm Gore-Tex Bib. This year, the number one selling bib pant is in three colours. It's a great price for a Gore-Tex bib that's not only flattering but stretchy and waterproof.
3. The Mons Royal Womens Yotei BF Tech is a cute merino wool base layer that can be worn for any outdoor activity, keeping you warm and dry and also stylin’ for après.
1. The Obermeyer Boulder Fleece is available in Drop the Beet colour. This fleece is a cool, slightly retro and very cozy option that you'll wear all year.
2. The Smartwool Smartloft 80 Parker. Long merino insulated Parker style jacket. Incredibly warm and comfortable, long coats are always a winner.
3. The Sorel Winter Carnival will be available in three options - beige, red, and black. The cherry red looks great! Sorel is a well-trusted brand guaranteed to keep your feet warm with a 30-degree rating and excellent traction for winter days.
Commit is the first Canadian retailer to bring in Swedish brand, Eivy!
1. Ice Cold Hood Top. Eivy's legendary leopard print with an integrated microfleece-lined neck warmer makes your day on the mountain even more beautiful. The entire hood is lined with comfortable microfleece for maximum warmth.
2. The Redwood Sherpa Jacket will take you through all seasons and makes a great mid-layer for mountain adventures. The Sherpa fleece is made of 22% recycled polyester and has Eivy's characteristic long back cut for warmth and protection.
3. Ice Cold Hood Top is Eivy's base layer designed with a drawstring collar that allows you to adjust the height of the neck warmer, keeping you dry and warm with its stretchy material that is quick-drying and moisture-transporting.
1. Rip Curl Amity Jacket is a part of their "Search Series" outerwear designed by a BC Team perfect for Kootenay conditions. The jacket is made from 100% fully recycled materials, PFC free, and the waterproofing is derived from ecologically friendly sources, i.e. chemical-free!
2. Nikita is back, and we love the Evergreen Stretch Bib Pant. The styling is modern and in-tune with male outerwear styling. Girls ride as hard as the guys, the four-way stretch fabric means you'll be comfy on the hill, on the chairlift and at the bar. They also have the convenient Drop Seat, making tricky bathroom breaks a thing of the past.
3. Yuki Threads Alice Hoodie A new brand for Boardstiff from the alpine in Australia. The Alice Hoodie is that perfect mid-layer/Spring riding hoodie. Waterproof coating, pockets in all the right places, and a long fit. Yuki Threads is a newcomer, all products are manufactured from fully recycled and/or organically sourced Fair Trade certified materials.
1. The Foxy Bib by Flylow is one of their best-sellers for a good reason - a flattering stretchy fit, lots of pockets, and an easy side-zip system for bathroom breaks. The waterproof, breathable fabric, extra coverage on top, adjustable straps and zippered thigh vents mean that you can be as warm - or ventilated - as you want for maximum comfort.
2. Primino baselayers by Montane is the best of both worlds, a 50-50 blend of merino and Primaloft fibres for maximum durability, warmth and comfort. The Merino wool draws vapour sweat away from the body while the Primaloft yarns wick liquid sweat across the outer surface. Stronger than pure merino and more comfortable than pure Primaloft.
3. The Ellie Hoodie by Flylow is a lightweight, stretchy hoodie that is great for layering or lounging. With moisture wicking terry fabric to keep you warm and dry, and 50+ UPF to protect you on sunny bluebird days, the Ellie hoodie is a versatile all-rounder that will keep you cozy all winter long.