The Remark - February
- There’s a species of yellow orchid in Singapore named after Ricky Martin.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger was the first civilian to buy a Hummer.
- George Clooney tried out for the Cincinnati Reds when he was 21.
- Julia Roberts’ parents taught Martin Luther King’s children. Mrs. King paid the hospital bill when Julia was born.
- Will Ferrell’s dad is Lee Ferrell, keyboardist for the Righteous Brothers.
- Rugby balls are oval because they used to be made from inflated pig bladders.
- The network footage of Super Bowl I is gone; it was taped over.
- NBA players are six times as likely to have tattoos as the average person.
- None of the original members of Lynyrd Skynyrd were actually from “Sweet Home Alabama".
- Two of the Beatles have children with the same birthday.
- Before settling on Google, Sergey Brin and Larry Page called their search engine BackRub.
- Matthew McConaughey appeared in a reenactment on Unsolved Mysteries.
Jack Daniels cocktails
The "Like" button
Spring clothes hitting shelves
Smitten Lingerie Show
Super Bowl parties
Alberta Family Day Weekend
Fernie Freeski Comp
Shred Kelly at the Pub Feb 4
Random Poll of Fernie Ladies
If food is the way to a man’s heart what is the way to a woman’s heart?
25% Food and Wine
There ya go boys! You have a one in four chance, good luck.
Valentine’s Day Toast- Hold your glass high ladies: here’s to the guys who love us, the losers who left us, and the lucky ones who get to meet us.
Don’t you hate when you stare at a text for 15 minutes trying to figure out how to reply.
I hate when you text someone 'goodnight' then go to bed, and your phone wakes you up to their text 'k.'
Is it just me, or do sandwiches just taste better when they are cut diagonally?
In Need Of Wine?
Valentine’s Day Wine Treat your lover or just pull the right strings with these sensual wine picks. Your mission should be for Valentine’s wine to include aphrodisiacs like vanilla and spice and all things sexy. Bold reds, buttery whites and dessert wine are all fine choices. Ladies, light vanilla candles and shave your legs. Gentlemen be good listeners and check the random poll above!
Blind Date? These situations can be awkward and stiff. My best advice is a bottle of Zinfandel. It’s bold, it’s juicy, it’s fabulous, and it’s 14.5% alcohol. What a perfect ice breaker for a date. Let this wine ooze the sexuality all over the table until you take over or jump out the bathroom window. Look for a California Napa Valley Zinfandel, serve with French or Italian fare, or just sip away on its own and pick out the cherries and spices while you listen to your date’s life story.
In a Relationship? Fork in the Road - Oliver Block 249 Red, a great little blended wine from Mission Hill. Intense aromas of fig, blackberries and pepper. The vanilla notes will complement your evening, perfect for any dish.
Super Cute Fashion Alert
Move over feather earrings, crop tees and socks are making the waves these days. Try a crop tee over a long tank top. Get your hands on long socks to creep out the top of your tall boots, or for a twist try legwarmers over boots or ballet flats. Sweater boots are also the perfect cozy February look!