May 2013 Remark
Sasquatch Music Fest
Hiding people from your news feed
Shorts with sweaters
Visa debit cards
Aprons at The Green Petal
GF options at Freshies
Wapiti News and Playlist
Have you got your ticket yet? Wapiti has broken records for ticket sales, first and second tiers were sold out in seven days. At this rate the limited number will disappear quickly. www.wapitimusicfestival.com
On May 10, Wapiti visits the Kootenay Music Awards in Nelson to hand out the award for Album of the Year! Kootenaymusicawards.com Vote Now!
May Wapiti Playlist
The Good Ol’ Goats - “The Train”
The Besnard Lakes – “People of the Sticks”
Raine Maida - "Montreal”
City and Colour – “Thirst”
Zeus – “Ignition”
Yukon Blonde – “Stairway”
Monster Truck – “Sweet Mountain River”
Most Non Heinous – “Weird Science”
Mounties – “Headphones”
The Matinee – “Young and Lazy”
The Gertrudes – “Derby Girl”
Meet your new team!
CrackHer Jax, Flash Fury, breakadawn, Deen Machine, Foulhouse, Jennicide, Jenna Jammerson, Malicious Midge, BAMb!, Smash’er S. Kullin, Roll D. Locks, Ju Hitzu, Faye Tality, Panda Pounder, Princess Slay-a, Rae C. Ruckass, French Kiss, SUicide Squeez
More info at fernierollerderby.com
Home Bout May 11
Tickets $10 in advance, $15 at door. Kids 6-12 $5, Kids 5 and under FREE. Beer Gardens. Tickets available online www.eastkootenayrollerderby.com or Freyja and Gear Hub.
4:00pm Kimberley BB vs. Creston Black Eyed Cherries
5:30pm: Avalanche City bombsQUAD (co-ed junior team) debut bout
6:30pm Fernie ACRG vs. Cranbrook Mountain Town Maulers
Seasonal Closet Switcheroo
There’s not much going on in May. What a perfect time to collect and sort out your summer wardrobe. You can safely take out last year’s summer clothes, re-evaluate and see what items you might want to collect to complete your 2013 wardrobe. Pack up the winter clothes or donate them. De-cluttering your closet is good for the soul!
Closet switch over tips:
1. Hang on to classic items, you’ll one day want them.
2. If you haven’t worn it in two years, toss it.
3. Organize. Have a system that’s easy for you. Canvas bins and shelves are your friends. Try and stick to it, having an organized closet will help diversify your outfits day to day.
Summer Must Haves
• A good pair of cut offs
• A good nude strapless bra, Bandeaus
• 3/4 length tights
• A jean jacket or chambray shirt
• Skinny braided belt
• Something with an ethnic print – ie. bangles or scarves
• Navy - so hot right now!
• Black or nude strappy flat sandal
• Maxi dress, or floral dresses
• Coloured denim
With this list you can incorporate all the latest trends and the classics with style this summer.
• Regulation Major League baseballs feature exactly 108 stitches.
• The fastest two scores in NHL history were just two seconds apart.
• Crying women are scientifically unsexy!
• Game of Thrones – The Dothraki tongue was commissioned by HBO through the Language Creation Society. Linguistics expert David Peterson created the language and delivered over 1700 words before the series began filming (there are now more than 3000 words).
Exercise? More like extra fries @FatAmy
Men, if ever want to know how a woman’s mind feels, imagine a browser open with 2587 tabs open. All. The. Time. #somecards #sotrue
Swarms of off leash dogs #onlyinfernie.