January 2014 Remark
Credit card bills
Vacuuming up pine needles
The new pizza place
Looking at flights
Superbowl Feb 2
Looking forward to Sochi
Kokanee Snow Dreams Jan 25
Elevation on 2nd
Chinese New Year January 31,Year of the Horse. “The Wood Horse year is a time of fast victories, unexpected adventure, and surprising romance.” Read more here http://susanlevitt.com/astrology/horse-year-2014/.
Full Moon on Jan 15 – Great time to set your intentions for the year!
Pantone Colour of the Year was announced – “Radiant Orchid.” Be prepared for Radiant Orchid to infiltrate your wardrobe and home. Read more about this at pantone.com.
- The Gulf War began on January 16, 1991.
- The first Super Bowl was played on January 15, 1967. (The Green Bay Packers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs by a score of 35 - 10.)
- The first heart transplant was performed on January 24, 1964.
- Samuel Morse first demonstrated the telegraph on January 6, 1838. ("What God hath wrought" was the first formal message sent.)
- It is also Cervical Health Awareness Month, Eye Health Care Month, Hobby Month, Hot Tea Month, and Oatmeal Month.
- Famous People Born in January: Several actors and actresses: Jim Carrey, Kevin Costner, Geena Davis, Orlando Bloom, and Paul Newman. Authors: Carl Sandburg and J.R.R. Tolkien. Singer/Musicians: Alicia Keys, Janis Joplin, Elvis Presley and Justin Timberlake. Talk Show Hosts: Ellen Degeneres and Oprah Winfrey. (source: yahoo.com)
Vision Boards - My January Ritual
Eight years ago I was introduced to vision boards through Sue Bawden at Evolve Ink. I was skeptical, and vaguely interested, but went along with it anyway. I cut out about nine pictures from magazines that represented what I wanted in the next year or two, and took it home to put on the back of my bedroom door. As time went by I saw the board everyday, mostly skimming right by, casually giving it a glance here and there. Regardless, it reminded me.
A year later I stopped and really looked it over. Five of the nine goals had come to fruition. It nearly knocked me over. These were big goals too – finding a new career, buying a brand new vehicle – just to name a couple that came to be.
Since then I’ve always made vision boards a priority. I create a new one every six months, and tweak it along the way if I find even better things to add. I personally like the process of cutting and pasting - it makes me feel like I’m really “creating” rather then aimlessly “pinning” photos on the internet. It’s your personal choice. You’ve probably heard of Vision Boards, but the point of my ramblings is to get you moving on one now! Because they work!
A vision board is a collage of images that represent your dreams. It could be words, pictures, places, material things -all put together on a poster board or electronically made into a single image. The purpose is to realize your future, and to activate the law of attraction and move from day dreaming to living your dreams.