Teck Supports Wildfire Emergency Response Efforts
Teck Resources Limited (TSX: TECK.A and TECK.B, NYSE: TECK) (“Teck”) today announced it has donated more than $230,000 to organizations supporting emergency wildfire responses in British Columbia, the Northwest Territories, Alberta, and Washington State in addition to providing equipment, goods, and other assistance to help battle wildfires this season.
Support from Teck’s operations includes providing accommodations and vital supplies such as water pumps, first aid kits, generators, sprinklers, and hoses. Teck emergency response teams are also working closely with municipal and provincial emergency responders to help suppress fires within Teck’s operating areas as needed.
“This wildfire season has been devastating for thousands of families and we are committed to helping support impacted communities and people,” said Jonathan Price, CEO. “Teck will continue to support those organizations working around the clock to fight wildfires and provide emergency assistance during the fire season and after as communities look towards recovery.”
The donations are to the following groups:
- $50,000 to Canadian Red Cross 2023 Alberta Fires Appeal
- $40,000 to Canadian Red Cross British Columbia Wildfires appeal
- $25,000 to United Way Northwest Territories
- $25,000 to the ʔaq̓am Band, a member of the Ktunaxa Nation
- $20,000 to First Nations Emergency Services Society
- $15,000 to the BC SPCA
- $20,000 to Food Banks BC and
- $10,000 to the Kamloops food bank
- US$15,000 to American Red Cross
- US$5,000 to Second Harvest
Teck also provides matching donations made by our employees to community organizations of their choice through the Team Teck Community Giving Program, ensuring further support in local communities where our employees and their families are working to ensure their own safety and that of their friends and neighbours.