Basin Business Advisors Prepare Businesses For a Technology-Enable Future
The Basin Business Advisor Program (BBA) is now offering business advisement services around adopting technology such as ecommerce, digital marketing and implementing technology for your business processes.
“It is easy to get overwhelmed by all the possibilities and not know where to start,” says Alison Bjorkman, Basin Business Advisor Program Manager. “Together, we can assess your best course of action and guide you as you implement it. We help you create a clear technology strategy that supports your business, not only to weather the storms, but also to remain competitive and positioned to capitalize on opportunities.”
Consumer behavior changes, supply chain stresses, the ongoing effects of the pandemic all point to online activity being a key component of remaining viable. Being visible and effective online is one aspect to future-proofing your business. Future-proofing your business is about anticipating the future and developing methods and strategies to minimize the effects of stress, like a pandemic.
When considering future-proofing, the Basin Business Advisors look at the whole picture of your business–what resources you have, what industry you are in, where you’ve been and where you want to go.
“When we suggest online activity, we could be talking about improving the visibility of your business, using digital marketing effectively to drive sales, having a means of making sales online that are local or more widespread. There is not one solution for all, and we will speak directly to your situation,” added Bjorkman.
As the pandemic continues, business must adapt to a new reality of the business landscape. BBA offers you strategies to help you transform and prepare your business, so you don’t have to go it alone.
During the pandemic the advisors supported hundreds of businesses navigate government supports, consider loan options, pivot to new markets and new methods of selling, support their work force and meet the needs of their customers. Advisors continue to offer this support and other workshops currently, including.
· Thursday, October 15, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 Pacific/10:00 a.m. to Noon Mountain- Agriculture marketing workshop – STAY PROFITABLE WITHOUT LEAVING THE FARM -
· Monday, October 19, 11:00 a.m. Pacific/Noon Mountain – TECH TALK – A 1- hour virtual discussion with the BBA Advisor Team focused on using technology in small business. Topics such as using digital marketing to drive sales, adding e-commerce to your website to upload your inventory, using apps to streamline operations and administration, and more.
· Thursday, October 22, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 Pacific/10:00 a.m. to Noon Mountain – BUYING A BUSINESS WORKSHOP – This virtual workshop is designed to guide you through the process of buying a business.
· Wednesday, October 28– VIRTUAL CONNECTION DAY – A 1 hour, one-to-one meeting with a tech expert to discuss your business. This event is in partnership with BC Tech and KAST. The deadline to sign up is Wednesday, October 21.
· Tuesday, November 3, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 Pacific/10:00 a.m. to Noon Mountain Virtual Succession Planning Workshop – This virtual workshop is designed to guide you through the process of planning to sell or move on from your business.
· Ongoing and on-demand – TECHNOLOGY ASSESSMENT – Working directly with a Basin Business Advisor to determine opportunities for technology adoption in your business. Virtual or safely in person.
· Ongoing and on-demand – TECHNOLOGY ADVISEMENT – Working with the Basin Business Advisor team to plan a strategy for online activity, includes business advisement. Virtual or safely in person.
· Ongoing and on-demand – BUSINESS ADVISEMENT – Working with a Basin Business Advisor to assess your resources, your cash strategy, staff issues, growth plan, marketing plan, and much more. Virtual or safely in person.
· Ongoing and on-demand – AGRICULTURE BUSINESS ADVISEMENT – Available for producers -working with the Agriculture Specialist directly on the business of farming, including product development, marketing, selling online, cash strategy, and much more. Virtual or safely in person.
The Basin Business Advisors Program offers no cost business advisement services in the Columbia Basin. Local advisors have supported over 2000 businesses to assess resources, cash flow, human resource issues, growth plans, marketing plans, and so much more. The local advisors are also well-versed and connected to several organizations offering support to the business community. Learn more and hear how the BBA Program has helped businesses at bbaprogram.ca.
Funded by Columbia Basin Trust, the BBA program is administered and managed by Community Futures Central Kootenay. Delivery of the program is done in partnership with Community Futures in the Basin, including Community Futures Central Kootenay, East Kootenay, Greater Trail, Revelstoke, and Fraser Fort George.