2nd Annual Untamed Kootenays Culinary Event
This June, Island Lake Lodge is inviting new and returning guests to experience Fernie’s culinary talent with a weekend of local flavours and fares for the 2nd annual Untamed Kootenays culinary event. During the weekend, the Tamarack Dining Room will welcome food lovers to dine on lodge-made gourmet meals, created with an abundance of ingredients sourced and foraged from the surrounding Elk Valley.
To further elevate this summit of Kootenay cuisine, Island Lake’s Chef Keith Farkas has invited 2 notable Calgary chefs to join him in the kitchen for the first annual affair. Blair Clemis, Chef de Cuisine of Model Milk in Calgary, along with Executive Chef John Paul Pedhirney of the highly acclaimed Bridgette Bar will be joining Farkas to create an unforgettable weekend showcasing the culinary wealth found within the region.
Friday Night– Wine Makers Dinner (Seating starts at 5:30pm, Dinner 6 – 9 pm) hosted by BC Wine Studio. Winemaker Mark Simpson will give a talk about winery process and select vintages with pairings for each course. The Island Lake chef team will showcase 4 courses with 4 select wines.
Saturday – Day Activities: Forage with chefs in the forest then help prepare the finds, or participate in a guided interpretive hike. Fiddleheads should be in season!
- 8 am – 10 am – Breakfast
- 10 am – noon – Guests forage with chef Keith Farkas (limited spots available)
- 10 am – 1 pm – Interpretive guided hike with the Island Lake guiding team (limited spots available)
- Spa Specials available (Book 2 or more treatments and get 15% off)
- Lunch in the Bear Lodge 11 – 5 pm
- Free canoe rentals available (sign up at the front desk)
- Saturday Night – Chef Showcase (Seating starts at 5:30pm, Dinner 6 – 10 pm) – 5 courses prepared by 5 chefs:
- Mark Butcher
- John Paul Pedhirney
- Blair Clemis
- Keith Farkas
- Catherine Chartrand
- After party in the Bear, closes at midnight
Sunday – 8 am – 10 am a la carte breakfast, check out by 11am. Spa specials available (Book 2 or more treatments and get 15% off).
For more information and to book, visit islandlakelodge.com.