2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards Winners Announced at Gala
The 2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards were held Friday night at a special awards gala at the Rusty Edge attended by over 100 people from the Fernie business community. Trophies were given out over twelve categories in a fun-filled night that was the first awards gala to return to a pre-pandemic format.
The Fernie Chamber of Commerce would like to thank everyone who nominated, all the nominees, the finalists, and the winners. A special thank you to TC Energy & Surerus Murphy Joint Ventures who were the title sponsors, as well as all the other sponsors who made the event possible.
Here is the list of winners for the 2022 Fernie Business Excellence Awards:
1. Citizen of the Year – sponsored by the City of Fernie
2. Community Group of the Year – sponsored by Columbia Basin Trust
Fernie Women’s Resource Centre
3. New Business of the Year – sponsored by Fernie Alpine Resort
Drift & Sonder Lifestyle Shop and Refillery
4. Community Tourism Achievement – sponsored by Tourism Fernie
Wapiti Music Festival Society
5. Employer of the Year – sponsored by College of the Rockies
6. Environmental Sustainability Award – sponsored by Ski Base
Fernie Fox Hotel
7. Businessperson of the Year – sponsored by the Free Press
Kurt Saari (Nevados Restaurant)
8. Outstanding Customer Service Award – sponsored by Western Financial Group
9. Business Innovation Award – sponsored by Fernie Fox Hotel
Fernie Brewing Co.
10. Chamber Business Legacy Award – sponsored by Claris Media
Fernie Meat Market
11. Fernie Business of the Year – sponsored by TC Energy & Surerus Murphy
Rocky Mountain Chocolate
12. People’s Choice Award – Rockies Law Corporation