Sunday Downtown Summer Social and Mountain Market
This summer in Fernie, enjoy Sunday Downtown Socials and The Fernie Mountain Market every Sunday.
The Fernie Mountain Market takes place at Rotary Park on Hwy #3 from 10am-2pm every Sunday. Expect stalls packed with local produce, art, crafts and great atmosphere to stroll and enjoy. The adjacent playpark will keep the little ones occupied while you go bargain hunting.
After you've collected your bargains at the Mountain Market, take a walk dowtown to the weekly Sunday Social from 1-4pm Check out the gear shops & boutiques, enjoy a latte or ice cream on a streetside patio and take in the week's entertainment, a different theme is featured each week. Every week will include Live Music, Bouncy Tent, Sidewalk Chalk, Water Sprinklers and Giant Checkers & Chess.
Schedule for 2014:
- Jun 28/29: Roll & Sole Trails Festival: Celebrating Running, Hiking, Biking and more!
- July 6: Out of the Box & Made for Fernie: - a dumpster beautification project and downtown art displays
- July 12/13: Feel Good Fernie: Yoga & Wellness Festival & Guinness World Record Yoga Chain Attempt
- July 20: Summer Jam - a musical event
- July 27: Dog Days of Summer: A celebration of our four-legged friends!
- Aug 3: Sport Sunday: Sport activity stations and demos
- Aug 10: Show & Shine: Classic Car Show
- Aug 17: Fernie Curse Lifting Anniversary Celebrations: An Historical Society event
- Aug 24: Fernie's Got Fashion & Fernie's Got Talent: Fernie takes to the stage!
- Aug 31: Cornfest! Come and get your fill.
For more information about the Summer Downtown Social, call the Fernie Chamber of Commerce at 250-423-6868 or email email@example.com. Better still, stay tuned via www.facebook.com/summersocials. For more information about the Mountain Market, visit www.mountainmarket.ca