Singletrack 6 Mountain Bike Race
Transrockies returns with an epic 6 day mountain bike race kicking off in Fernie, BC on July 23, 2016! A 3-day option is a great alternative. Save the date! We’re cooking up another unique brew of the best trails in Western Canada’s most authentic mountain biking communities. Exact stage details are still being worked out, but we’re proud to announce that the 2016 Singletrack 6 will focus on the Kootenay Rockies region of Southeastern British Columbia.
The event will kick off in Fernie, 12-time host of the legendary TransRockies Challenge. Renowned for it’s vast networks of lovingly hand-built singletrack trails, Fernie will host the first two stages on July 23-24 2016.
Next up, something new to TransRockies and ST6. We will head to the neighboring communities of Cranbrook and Kimberley with a stage in each town. Each with it’s own unique style, you will be treated to some exceptionally diverse riding in these emerging hotspots for fast and fun singletrack. Finally, we’ll head north to Golden for the final two days. Voted the favorite stages of 2014, Golden offers unsurpassed riding, views, and a warm community welcome to create a fitting atmosphere for the Grand Finale of the 2016 event. We hope you’ll join us once again in 2016 for another 6 incredible days of sun, smiles, and of course, singletrack!
What You Can Expect
6 stages in the sunny and mountain studded Kootenay Rockies in beautiful British Columbia
- Stage 1&2: Fernie, BC
Stage 3: Cranbrook, BC
Stage 4: Kimberley, BC
Stages 5 & 6: Golden, BC
ST3 will be Stages 1-3 in Fernie and Cranbrook
- Calgary International Airport serving as the host airport, with plentiful international connections
- Host communities and resorts include: Fernie, Cranbrook, Kimerley, Golden
- The highest percentage of singletrack of any mountain bike stage race
- Varied terrain ranging from buff to hard pack to loose rock to slickrock with a healthy dose of technical descending mixed in
- Challenging climbs to spectacular views of lakes and mountains followed by wicked descents
- Stage distances averaging 40km with 1300m of elevation gain
ST6 Solo & Team:
$1,499 per person
$749 per person
Transportation Plan, Meal Plan, and Hotel Plan also available.
What's included* in your fees
- race entry and trail access for 6 days (or 3 days if ST3)
- custom ST6 jersey
- custom ST6 finisher T-shirt
- donation to trail groups in each community
- professionally marked course
- experienced checkpoint crew
- fully stocked stations with Honey Stinger chews and gel, Ultima Replenisher, fruit and other tasty treats
- professional medical support on course
- on course Ambassadors to ensure you are safe and having a great time
- finish line catering
- finish line community festivals
- mobile race office with customer service crew
- professional race timing
- daily awards presentations and pictures of the day
- finisher banquet
- daily bike wash
*Accommodation, transportation and meals are not included.