- Arts & Entertainment
- Never Have I Ever
- Day in the Life of a Lifty
- In the Tracks: A Guide to Nordic Skiing
- Women of the Mountains
- Hitting the Trails with the Fernie Trails Alliance
- Snow Shoe
- Nordic Skiing
- Trail Running
- Nature Nuggets
- EA Sports
- Cycle Works
- Onwards and Upwards
- Fernie's Sporting Heroes
- Fernie Ski Patrol
- Racers' Corner
- In the Snow
- She Was a Day Tripper
- Health & Lifestyle
- Bits & Bytes
- Events calendar
Danielle Cardoza of Fernie, BC in Masterchef Canada
Danielle Cardoza, born and raised in Fernie BC and currently residing in Cranbrook, BC, has been competing on CTV's Masterchef Canada and continues to be in pursuit of the $100,000 prize!
At the conclusion of a recent episode, aired February 3, 2014 Ben Miner, a stand-up comedian and satellite radio host from Ottawa and Meghan Toth, a stay-at-home mom from St. Catharines, Ont., were eliminated from the culinary competition series.
After winning the Kraft Peanut Butter Mystery Box Challenge, Marida Mohammed had the upper hand heading in to the land, sea, and air-themed Elimination Challenge. Marida’s prize was selecting the protein the rest of the home cooks would have to prepare and she chose Judge Alvin’s smelts over Judge Michael’s venison and Judge Claudio’s fowl. Pino Di Cerbo won the Elimination Challenge and Ben, Meghan, Kaila Klassen, and Danny Raposo landed in the bottom four. At the end of the episode Ben’s smelt croquets and Meghan’s smelt quiche failed to impress the judges, and they were eliminated.
Ben Miner and Meghan Toth were the first home cooks sent home from Masterchef Canada in a surprise double elimination
This week CT dreams come true when the remaining home cooks get into teams of seven and prepare lunch for hockey heroes! The home cooks will prepare a meal for The Toronto Maple Leafs, including current player James Van Riemsdyk and Leafs alumni Wendel Clark and Darryl Sittler in the first team challenge when they ‘Feed the Leafs’ at the Air Canada Centre. Then, in the second Pressure Test of the season, the home cooks must make a challenging stuffed pasta. The remaining home cooks vying for $100,000 and the first-ever Canadian MasterChef title are:
· Brooke Feldman, Toronto, Ont.
· Carly Tennant, born in Abbotsford, B.C., currently resides in Vancouver, B.C.
· Dale Kuda, born in Perry, Missouri, currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
· Danielle Cardoza, born in Fernie, B.C., currently resides in Cranbrook, B.C.
· Danny Raposo, Brampton, Ont.
· Dora Cote, born in Edmonton, Alta., currently resides in Rocky Mountain House, Alta.
· Eric Chong, Oakville, Ont.
· Josh Gale, Vancouver, B.C.
· Julie Miguel, Woodbridge, Ont.
· Kaila Klassen, born in Penticton, B.C., currently resides in West Kelowna, B.C.
· Marida Mohammed, born in Sudbury, Ont., currently resides in Toronto, Ont.
· Mike Green, born in Kenora, Ont., currently resides in Winnipeg, Man.
· Pino Di Cerbo, Mississauga, Ont.
· Tammara Behl, born in St. Albert, Alta., currently resides in Calgary, Alta.